There seems to be hundreds of watch companies these days. Besides the newer boutique brands that seem to be popping up all the time despite the recession, this is a list of most of the brands you’re likely to run into. If you don’t agree, please feel free to comment and explain why.
A large factor that goes into the rankings is the range of watches that are produced because it’s a large contributor to brand prestige. IE. Orient might have some in house movements but they also generally only sell mostly low price lower end watches.
1. Audemers Piguet, JLC (Jaeger LeCoultre), Patek, A. Lange & Sohne, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet
2. Vintage Very Rare Rolex, Ulysse Nardin, Glashutte Original, Blancpain/Piguet
3. IWC (International Watch Company)Zenith, Contemporary Rolex, Panerai, Omega, Cartier, Hublot
4. Ebel, Breitling, Sinn, Graham, Longines, Baume et Mercier, Bulgari
5. Orient, Seiko Low End, Casio, Marathon, Swatch, Suunto, Citizen, Victorinox, Bulova, Movado, Skagen, Timex, Wenger
11. All the Fashion Watches (Kenneth Cole, Calvin Klein, Nixon, etc)